Dear MoveOn Member: May 04, 2017
The following is MoveOn.org’s latest email promoting hate and obstructionism, sent out to their members also begging them to send in $3 per month each to help fund Antifa activities. MoveOn members continually peddle in fear to garner donations. Someone needs to pay for all those banners and red flags. Know the enemy and what they are planning . . .
Dear MoveOn member,
The House of Representatives voted today to take health care away from 24 million Americans [LIE], end protections for preexisting conditions like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease [LIE], and raise costs for almost all Americans, while handing $600 billion in tax breaks to the super rich and big corporations [LIE].
As infuriating and frightening as the House doing this is, we’ve always had a better chance at stopping this bill in the Senate. We have a real shot at defeating it there.
So it’s not over. Not by a long shot.
But we absolutely must hold Republicans who voted for Trumpcare accountable—particularly Republicans in vulnerable districts. We need to make this vote an albatross around their necks. We need to make it the vote that ends their political careers.
That’s why we’re launching a Trumpcare Accountability Fund. Will you chip in $3 right now to help us hold Republicans who voted for Trumpcare accountable?
We cannot let Republicans get away with this cruel, immoral vote. Our response to the vote today can set the stage for special elections in the coming weeks in Georgia and Montana—where Trumpcare is a central issue—and start building toward the midterm elections. And pushing back immediately against the House members who passed this bill will send a warning shot to the Senate that can’t be ignored.
Here’s what we’re going to do to make the vote for Trumpcare the vote that ends these lawmakers’ careers. We will:
- Share and highlight health care stories from constituents both to shame House members and pressure key senators from targeted states. We’ll do this by birddogging the members of Congress when they are home for recess next week and through videos, op-eds, and more.
- Mobilize constituents at large to shame House Republicans on social media by sharing the kind of personal health care stories that could break through and demonstrate the human cost of this bill.
- Work to promote nonpartisan, civic, and public health groups that have come out against Trumpcare.
- Place ads in state newspapers highlighting the most compelling stories of how specific people in the state will be harmed by Trumpcare.
- Launch a massive Resistance Summer program to train 1,000 community leaders, with a special focus on the congressional districts with vulnerable House Republicans, building the electoral power of the resistance and laying the groundwork to take back political power in 2018.
You’ve moved mountains in the last weeks and months to delay the bill. Now, let’s hold Republicans accountable for hurting their own constituents and putting their lives at risk. And let’s stop the bill—for good—in the Senate.
Thanks for all you do.
–Ben, Anna, Emma, Justin K., and the rest of the team
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump’s agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation’s pendulum back towards sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Can you chip in $3 a month help us convert the GOP’s Trumpcare vote into a Republican landslide defeat?